This post is sponsored by La Famiglia DelGrosso. The opinions and text are all mine.
La Famiglia DelGrosso is America’s oldest family-owned sauce maker. Each sauce provides a delicious and authentic flavor that completes any Italian dish, with whole plum tomatoes right from Italy! It also doesn’t have any added sugar, which is an added bonus for me. I love creating a family favorite dish using La Famiglia DelGrosso sauces. On tonight’s menu: Lasagna using La Familia DelGrosso Sunday Marinara
My guys and I sure do love pasta nights and we have it on the menu very often. I am a huge fan of keeping a dish like lasagna simple, so I opted for the Sunday Marinara variety. A fun fact about the brand: each of the different sauce recipes is created by a DelGrosso family member, which I think is so cool! Henry and William love the DelGrosso Sunday Marinara, my husband prefers the Tomato Basil Masterpiece, and I can’t get enough of the Fireworks Sauce (OH EM GEE – SOOOO GOOD!) The sauces are available at Publix – and there is a promotion valid in the Extra Savings flyer from 11/6 – 11/19
CHECK OUT THE SAUCES
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Sunday Marinara: A delicious classic combination of fresh garden tomatoes and herbs
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Tomato Basil Masterpiece: a sauce full of intense tomato and basil flavor
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Fireworks Sauce (my personal favorite): a delicious blend of tomatoes, zucchini and a bit of spice
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Alfredo Sauce (not featured)
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Puttanesca Sauce (not featured)
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Vodka Sauce (not featured)
o La Famiglia DelGrosso Pizza Sauce: the perfect sauce for homemade pizza night
DINNER IS SERVED
+ 6-8 sheets of lasagna (depends on depth of pan)
+ 1 Jar of La Famiglia DelGrosso Sunday Marinara
+ 3 cups ricotta cheese
+ 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
+ ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
+ 1 egg
+ 1 tablespoon olive oil
+ Salt and pepper
+ Fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F
- 2. Cook lasagna noodles in salted boiled water according to packaging, then drain and rinse them in cold water. Try to keep the noodles from sticking.
- 3. Mix egg and ricotta cheese together in a bowl.
- 4. Using any pan of choice (my pan 4×12), layer sauce and noodles in an even layer. Spread ricotta and egg mixture with mozzarella. Continue to do this until all noodles are used.
- 5. Cover the lasagna with the pan top.
- 6. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 7. Top with fresh basil and parmesan.
- 8. Pair with a delicious salad of choice (Caesar, Italian, house) and fresh bread! Enjoy.
This recipe is a family favorite. We like to keep it simple with the Sunday Marinara, but you can customize this recipe to please your family’s taste. Switching out the Sunday Marinara with any of the other DelGrosso sauces would be a delicious twist on this classic lasagna.